Why Your Event Delegates Should Manage Their Own Event Diary
We are all about empowering attendees to co-create their event experience, and part of that is giving them the tools to manage their own diaries while at your event. It can seem really appealing to manage as much as possible for your delegates, but if there's extra time built into your event, let them derive extra value from planning their own experience.
1. It's their time and money, let them control how they make the most out of your event.
2. You don't know their objectives for attending, unless you ask, so you don't know how they should spend their time to achieve them.
3. You probably don't know who they want to meet, if anyone. Encourage them to arrange personal meetings with other attendees in the registration with a meeting manager facility.
4. Unless you're managing arrival and departure times, meals, sessions, the whole lot, you may not fully appreciate just how much time your delegates have free and could over book them.
5. You have too much to do to before and during the event, yourself, to worry about managing the dozens or hundreds of diaries of attendees, successfully.
6. If you make a change to their diary, it may not update immediately onto your delegates' mobile device until it is too late.